Monday, October 5, 2020

DANCING IN FULL COLOUR


Wednesday 7th October 2020


I awoke from a dream
One spring morning
And I could see
In colour and
I beheld life
As it truly is
And I was full of joy.

-Anonymous*

Do we lead a life in black and white or are we vibrant with colour? To do the ordinary will lead to ordinary experiences – to do something out of the ordinary will naturally lead to extra ordinary experiences.

Dance propels us out of the ordinary. Our movements are not goal orientated but rather emerge from a deep expression of self that lies in the heart of our being. Through the dance we can move around the ideas, barriers and rules of the mind and connect immediately and with intensity with our feeling self.

The question is – how willing are we to open the palette of life and paint with all the colours available. Dancing is an exciting way of opening that palette!

*I saw this quote painted on the wall of a cafĂ© in Soho, London when I was in my early 30’s and it awoke in me such a desire to experience life in colour – to explore – and to keep creating. That force of living has never left me.  That is why I DANCE!

No comments:

Post a Comment