Monday, April 25, 2022

Dance to REVEAL

“What a liberation to realize that the ‘voice in my head’ is not who I am.”
_Eckhart Tolle

Are you, you – or are you the labels people give you?

Sometimes it’s hard not to feel a little bit of puzzlement when people say something like, “my, how you have changed” or “there’s something different about you”. I am still me. It’s just that somehow the me that is me, is being expressed differently in the world. People like to give us numbers, put us in a box, and tie a label. It’s easier than being in the present, responding and interacting with someone simply with what is being presented in the moment.

In a world that likes to put labels onto us we can sometimes forget who we truly are. Just as each of our dances is unique, so are we. And just as each dance has a beauty contained in its individual choreography so do we. The beauty of dance is that it reveals who we are in the moment. We cannot dance in the past, and we cannot dance in the future. In the present we express and dance life as it is playing out now. In the dance we bring our unique presence as it is being experienced right now.

Through the dance we can let go of the labels and connect with our true being – we dare to dance our dances that say … “I B ME”

Hiding behind the pandemic masks has become a challenge to express ourselves. Can you see my smile? Can you see my frown? However in the dance my whole body can sing, can laugh, and can cry. My whole body can express exactly who I am and how I am feeling. What a powerful and beautiful practice for life, is this thing we call dance.

What wonders it can reveal!

_Christos Daskalakos


No comments:

Post a Comment