Monday, August 10, 2020

DESTINED 2 DANCE

Wednesday 12th August 2020


" I saw an angel in the mirror until I set him free"

Sometimes it seems amazing that we let go and even dance. We have so many obstacles that are put in our way culturally, spiritually and personally. Yet for some the desire to have a deep experience of life pulls us towards the means by which we can achieve it. For the dancer it is the dance.

For me personally it feels as if I did not choose dance, dance chose me. As a youngster I ‘suffered’ the agony of being the only male dancer in a studio filled with giggling teenage girls. Being self-conscious in that environment I was never sure whether the giggles were directed toward my unitard clad self. But once we shared our dance together and we became friends all that melted away.

That is the power of dance, it pulls us as if it is our destiny and once we literally MOVE through our self-conscious and inhibited self we discover a world that is creative, a world that is full of delight and world that is magnificent. Through the dance we do find our way towards a deeper experience of life. For some it is our destiny to dance this experience and to connect with the ever moving cosmic dance that is our magical universe.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that we are able to dance into feelings and memories that are sometimes difficult to express in words. Thank you Christos for bringing the gift of music and dance to us tonight in such a special way.

    ReplyDelete